As the title states, we are going to look at how to find the best smartphone for me. Not really, we are going to look at how to find the best smartphone for everyone.
All of us are different of which we differ in desires and needs we want to accomplish on our smartphones. For example:
- Some want to have a smartphone that can take high quality videos or photos.
- Some want to conduct business meetings on their phone by showcasing a presentation or just be part of an important business meeting without any problems.
- Others want to be able to socialize through different text applications or even just basic email.
- Others want to make basic phone calls and nothing else.
All of these features are important to help determine which smartphone is best suited for you. Thus, in this article we are going to try guide you how to make the right smartphone selection and ensure you not regret your decision later.
In order to do this, we going to list steps of which you must follow in order to ensure you are satisfied with your smartphone selection. So please follow them accurately or you will be disappointed.
Step 1 – Core features
Basically in this step we going to determine which core features you must have on your smartphone.
Here is a list of a few features you need to ask yourself if you want them on your smartphone or not:
- Must the smartphone be able take excellent photos or videos or just basic photos or videos?
- Must the smartphone have large or small storage on board?
- Must the smartphone be able to expand its storage memory physically or remotely?
- Must the smartphone be able to last more than a day or more before the need of charge?
- Must the smartphone processing speed be very fast or just enough to satisfy your demand?
- Must the smartphone size be big or small?
There are many more questions you can ask for yourself, however the most critical questions would be the ones above. After answering all these questions you will be ready to move to the next step.
Step 2 – Budget
Technology comes in a lot of shapes and sizes. Plus of course all types of technology come in different prices. I always say, the more features you want on your smartphone or any other device, the more you should be willing to pay.
Thus, the next step you must determine how much you are willing or able to spend for your desired smartphone. With step one already completed, you will now be able to pinpoint the price bracket of smartphones you will be able to purchase.
For example, I want a high quality camera smartphone that takes excellent photos, however I can only afford R5000 smartphone device. This will result I cannot look at certain premium devices that are R16000 or more cash. I will have to look at smartphones that is in the R5000 price range.
This will help eliminate some smartphones you either cannot afford or smartphones that have features you do not want to pay for.
Step 3 – Brand
This step is always important as some clients are brand specific and some are not.
Those that are brand specific does make life easier to find the best suited smartphone for them. Reason being they eliminate all other smartphone brands besides one or even two, thus limiting smartphones to choose from those specific brands.
For example, a client that only prefer Samsung smartphones. This will result they will only search a Samsung smartphone and not another brand like Apple as they are brand committed or just satisfied by only using the smartphone brand Samsung. Thus, the client will only look at the Samsung brand smartphones to make their final selection.
However, those that are not brand specific will result no brand eliminations. But will result a possible growth for a new smartphone brand.
Usually the sales representatives will promote all the available smartphones to you and may ask a new brand representative to showcase their new smartphone brand.
However, that will only happen if the following steps were met:
- Sales representative determined your features and budget meets with the new smartphone brand criteria.
- Sales representative determined you have no specific budget and are open for anything new in the smartphone market.
Step 4 – Platform
This step is a new one, but a critical one. All smartphones download applications and software through different platforms. Here are just a few examples:
- Android that is certified by Google. (Google playstore)
- Apple that is using an IOS platform. (App store)
- Android that is using an HMS platform. (App Gallery)
Each platform has similar applications available to download, however some platforms experience some problems to full utilize certain applications or do not work at all.
The problems are usually the following:
- Some application not available to download at all. This results you cannot use the application you desire for on your smartphone selected or you will have to find another way to obtain this application on your smartphone selected which provides unnecessary hassle.
- Applications not working as it should on the specific platform your selected smartphone is on. Resulting you very unhappy with your smartphone selected and wish you could change your selection immediately.
Most of the time you will have to stick with your disappointed smartphone selected for a while till you can afford to purchase a different smartphone.
Thus, it is important you do thoroughly research between these platforms of different smartphones. By doing so you will easily come to the best suited smartphone for you.
Step 5 – Research
Now the final step is to do basic research. You can do this online or read out of a newspaper about smartphones. When you get to this step, you should have clearly completed the other steps and just check what is available currently versus new smartphone devices coming into the market.
My recommendation would be to do device comparisons on the internet. As the internet is usually updated frequently with new smartphones appearing into the market. There are many sites that can do the device comparisons for you. My recommendation is gsmarena as it is provides clear detail of all the smartphone devices that are new or already in the market. Even the very old ones.
You can make use of their services on this website also by clicking on the device comparison tab. It will directly open gsm arena smartphone device comparison page. Making life easier for you to perform smartphone device comparisons.
After doing this final step, I promise you will find the best suited smartphone for you.
In this article, we determined there are 5 steps that must be conducted by you in order to determine the best suited smartphone for you.
They are the following:
- Core Features – Which features must be on your smartphone?
- Budget – What are your budget limitations to purchase the smartphone you want?
- Brand – Are you brand specific in terms of smartphones? Huawei/Samsung/Apple/etc.
- Platform – Will your desired applications be available or work correctly on your smartphone selected?
- Research – Conduct online research by comparing new and current smartphone devices among each other in order to make the final smart selection.
If you follow all these steps, you will find the best suited smartphone for you and will not be disappointed. I guarantee you will be very grateful and happy by following these steps.
My other recommendation would be is to do these steps before shopping at a store or online. This will speed up the smartphone selection process.
I hope you find this article useful and find the best suited smartphone for you!
Any question or comments, please comment below.