Huawei P Smart 2021 has launched in the first quarter of the year 2021.
But the real questions are:
Is the Huawei P Smart 2021 worth to buy?
How much has the Huawei P Smart series changed?
Luckily, we will answer these questions today by looking at the following contents:
- Evolution of the Huawei P Smart series.
- Comparison between Huawei P Smart S and Huawei P Smart 2021.
- Comparison between all Huawei P Smart series
- Are all Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone series based on the GMS or HMS platform?
Evolution of the Huawei P Smart Series
The Huawei P Smart Series first started in the year 2017 and has been a constant contender against other smartphone brands in the mid-smartphone range market. The Huawei P Smart series features has changed a lot since than in order to compete with its competitors.
Namely the following features changed mostly in the Huawei P Smart Series:
- Size and layout
- Rear and front camera
- Storage and RAM memory
- Battery capacity
- The Platform the smartphone is on. (GMS or HMS)
We will go more into detail how much each item has changed.
Huawei P Smart S Versus Huawei P Smart 2021
The major differences between the Huawei P Smart S and Huawei P Smart 2021 are the following:
- Size – Huawei P Smart 2021 is 0,37 inches bigger than the Huawei P Smart S.
- Weight – The Huawei P Smart S is 43g lighter than the Huawei P Smart 2021.
- Front Camera – Huawei P Smart S is 8 megapixels better than the new Huawei P Smart 2021, which is very sad.
- Rear Camera – The Huawei P Smart 2021 has four camera lenses while the Huawei P Smart S only has three camera lenses. Thus, the Huawei P Smart 2021 takes more accurate and clear pictures than the Huawei P Smart S.
- Battery Capacity – Huawei P Smart 2021 battery capacity is 1000 mAh more than the Huawei P Smart S. Meaning the Huawei P Smart 2021 lasts longer than the Huawei P Smart S.
Overall – Huawei P Smart 2021 has improved in rear camera and the battery capacity compare to its previous versions. However, it has decreased some features by weighting heavier and having a less megapixel front camera installed which can cause customers to choice a different smartphone. It is still a good smartphone the Huawei P Smart 2021, but going backwards in certain features may be a bad thing in the smartphone market.
Huawei P Smart Series smartphones compare with each other
The main differences in features that has changed in the Huawei P Smart series are the following:
- Size & Layout – The Huawei P Smart series has grown bigger overtime since it was first launched. It basically grew 1,02 inches more since the first Huawei P Smart smartphone was released.
- Front Camera – The Huawei P Smart series has experienced something weird in the front camera section. It first started with an 8 megapixel camera lens and has improved to 16 megapixel. Then somehow went back to 8 megapixel which does not make any sense.
- Rear Camera – The rear camera just got better overtime in the Huawei P Smart series and installed more camera lenses to ensure sharper and clear images are taken.
- Storage – The storage memory on board of the Huawei P Smart series has improved greatly overtime by starting first with 32GB storage on board until 128GB storage on board. Basically a 96GB storage on board increase of which no one will say no thank you for the extra storage.
- Battery capacity – Huawei P Smart series has increased its battery capacity by almost 2000 mAh. Meaning the latest Huawei P Smart 2021 lasts way longer than the first Huawei P Smart series smartphone was launched.
Overall – The Huawei P Smart series has evolved greatly over the years. The one sad part the series have experienced is the decrease in camera megapixels in the front camera of the latest Huawei P Smart 2021. A product must not go backwards in quality. Hopefully when the next Huawei P Smart series smartphone launches, no features decrease their quality or value.
Are all Huawei P Smart Series smartphones based on the GMS or HMS platform?
The answer for this question, is that some Huawei P Smart Series smartphones are on the GMS platform and some are on the HMS. If you do not understand this section, please read more at the following post: smartphone platforms.
Basically, the smartphone platform refers to applications that are pre-installed onto the smartphone already. Huawei has been banned by America. Meaning they may not make use of GMS (Google Mobile services). Thus, Huawei created their own platform called HMS (Harmony Mobile services).
You can still obtain your Google applications onto the current Huawei smartphones, but will have to install it from other online stores like apkpure or aptiode. Huawei is aware that certain applications installed through this method, might not function properly and are trying to fix these problems.
The Huawei P Smart series has evolved greatly and went through a lot of changes. Even though the Huawei P Smart Series had a lot of improvements, it also went backwards in certain features and the one feature that stand out the most for going backwards is the front camera. If you are a selfie person, than you might lose interest for buying the Huawei P Smart 2021 and might consider a different smartphone.
Rest of the features of the Huawei P Smart 2021 has improved and stands out for the following features:
- Taking sharper and clear photos than before with the rear camera.
- Battery life last longer.
- Big storage memory on board.
The Huawei P Smart 2021 is on the HMS platform. Thus, it is important to know beforehand that the applications you want to use on your smartphone will function correctly on the Huawei P Smart 2021. If you do not make sure, you might sit with a smartphone that will give you a lot of frustration. Thus, please do research if your desired applications will work on any HMS platform smartphone.
Overall, the Huawei P Smart 2021 is a good smartphone to use and is not very expensive to buy. If you interested to buy one cash, just click on the image below: