Huawei just announced their new P series smartphones. In their launch, they sadly could not specify when the new Huawei P50 Series will be available worldwide due to pandemic reasons. But for now, they gave everyone glimpse what to expect from the new Huawei P50 Series.
In this post, we are going to discuss how the Huawei P50 series compare with the Huawei P40 series predecessor. We will also compare the look of the Huawei P50 series with the other five years back Huawei P series smartphones. This will help for those users to know for which Huawei smartphone to go for and avoid any disappointment.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for yourself. Also, we do not charge you extra.
The Huawei P50 series will have a total different look compare to the other Huawei P series smartphones. This can be seen in the image below as how the Huawei P series has evolved through all these years.
The Huawei P50 Series from far will look like they have two huge camera lenses. Meanwhile, it is just a black layout with camera lenses and flash on it. This look may not be for everyone and may turn some users away from it. However, the specs of the Huawei P50 series might change that fact as well the colors that the Huawei P50 series will be available in to buy.
Here are the colors that will be available for the Huawei P50 Series:
The Huawei P50 Series will also run on Harmony OS and not on Android, which is another big move for the smartphone company itself. It makes sense why they use the slogan “Legends Reborn” as that is exactly what Huawei is doing since they have been banned to trade in America and may not make use of their services like Google. They already moved away from Google platform by using the HMS platform. Now their aim is to move away from Android as well with Harmony OS. Basically Huawei is becoming more like Apple which has the iOS platform.
Huawei P40 VS Huawei P50
The main difference between the Huawei P40 and the Huawei P50 are the following:
- Display size – The Huawei P50 will be 0,4 inches bigger than the Huawei P40. Giving a bigger screen display experience.
- Weight – The Huawei P40 is 6g lighter than the Huawei P50. Meaning the new Huawei P series smartphone will be a bit heavier.
- Front Camera – The Huawei P40 has 19MP more than the Huawei P50 which is a downgrade for the new smartphone.
- Rear Camera – Both the Huawei P40 and Huawei P50 are very similar in megapixels for their rear camera lenses. Just the second or third camera lenses are bit different.
- RAM – The Huawei P50 only has one RAM memory option while the Huawei P40 has two RAM memory options. Luckily the Huawei P50 will have the same big RAM memory option as the Huawei P40 and not be downgraded.
- Battery Capacity – The Huawei P50 will have 300 mAh more battery capacity as the Huawei P40. Meaning the Huawei P50’s battery will last longer than the Huawei P40’s battery.
Overall: The only differences I see between the two smartphones is that Huawei P50 battery life is longer, display is bigger and the rear camera layout is different. Rest the Huawei P40 is lighter, smaller and has a way better front camera lens compare to new Huawei P50. Thus, it all depends on the user’s smartphone preferences. Both are good smartphones.
Huawei P40 Pro VS Huawei P50 Pro
The main differences between Huawei P40 Pro and the Huawei P50 Pro are the following:
- Display size – The Huawei P50 Pro will be 0,02 inches bigger than the Huawei P40 Pro. Not much of a difference between the two smartphones.
- Weight – The Huawei P50 Pro will be 14g less than the previous Huawei P40 Pro. This will satisfy users that hate heavy smartphones.
- Front Camera – The same as between the Huawei P40 and Huawei P50, the Huawei P40 Pro’s front camera is way better than the Huawei P50 Pro’s front camera. Quite a let down.
- Rear Camera – The Huawei P50 Pro has four camera lenses whereas the Huawei P40 Pro only has three camera lenses. Meaning the Huawei P50 Pro will take better photos as the Huawei P40 Pro.
- RAM – The Huawei P40 Pro only has one RAM memory option, whereas the Huawei P50 Pro has two RAM memory options and one of those RAM memory options are higher than the Huawei P40 Pro’s RAM memory option. Meaning the Huawei P50 Pro runs applications faster compare to the Huawei P40 Pro.
- Battery Capacity – The Huawei P50 Pro will have 160 mAh more battery capacity compare to the Huawei P40 Pro’s battery capacity. Meaning the Huawei P50 Pro’s battery will last a bit longer compare to the Huawei P40 Pro’s battery.
Overall: The Huawei P50 Pro has made quite a bit of improvements as compare to the normal Huawei P50. The only problem I see with the Huawei P50 Pro is front camera. Rest the Huawei P50 Pro is definitely the better option to take compare to the Huawei P40 Pro.
Huawei is trying their best to get back up in the smartphone rankings. Its rankings has gone way down after the American ban. This has resulted Huawei to start from scratch to find a way how to reach the top smartphone rankings again. Currently they are ranked below rank 5 best smartphone brand worldwide. They are basically going through the Apple route by having their own store and now software as well called Harmony OS.
The new Huawei P50 series does look promising and a good start to reborn a legend smartphone brand, but the question is though will this help Huawei move up in the rankings? I believe the answer is yes, but will it be the number one spot? I doubt it as Huawei has a lot to do to regain that spot and that starts with to satisfy the customer. If they satisfy their customers and avoid big system problems like applications not working correctly on their smartphones, then we can see Huawei back on top of smartphone rankings.
For the Huawei P50 series, the Huawei P50 Pro stands out more than the normal Huawei P50. The Huawei P50 Pro has more improvements and advancements, especially with the extra camera lens. Rest is the new-look the Huawei P50 series have. It is quite different compare to other smartphone brands and makes it stand out more. I am just concerned what the cost will be to fix the black layout display if it breaks or cracks. Doubt it will be cheap.
Would you pick one of the Huawei P50 series smartphones as your new smartphone?
Please provide your answer with a reason why in the comments below.