The smartphone industry keeps changing every year as technology evolves and demand for more features are requested by users more every day. These technologies and demand changes causes the smartphone market to shift from time to time. This results certain smartphone brands to be stay on top in the smartphone brand rankings worldwide or even go down in the smartphone rankings.
In today’s article we going to reveal the current top smartphone brand ranking in Q2 of 2021.
Knowing the current top smartphone brand ranking really important?
It is really important to know which smartphone brand is the best currently worldwide. No matter if you are a user or business owner of a retail store that sell smartphones.
It is important for the user to know as it will help them know which smartphone brands to choose from and which ones to avoid completely. The same for the business owner, but a bit different.
A business owner of a retail store that sell smartphones to customers, must ensure they stock only the best current smartphones available. If the business owner does not know this information, the retail store might stock up the wrong smartphone brands too much and may cause them two things. One stock less or none of the smartphone brands that are currently popular and second will lose out to satisfy customers that want the specific top smartphone brands.
Thus, it is important to know currently which smartphone brands are in top smartphone brand rankings worldwide.
Q1 2021 had no much change in the top smartphone brand rankings compare to 2020s top smartphone rankings. Majority Samsung, Apple and Huawei stayed on top of smartphone brand rankings due to following reasons:
- Samsung launched their flagship smartphone series, Samsung Galaxy S21 series in Q1.
- Apple’s new flagship series, iPhone 12 series made their appearance more worldwide in Q1 due to the pandemic causing delays of the launch in certain countries.
- Huawei launched two of their smartphone series in Q1 which were Huawei P Smart 2021 for the Huawei P smart series and the Huawei Mate 40 series from one of their flagship series, Huawei Mate series.
Thus, is why these three smartphone brands stayed on top of the smartphone brand rankings. However, even though they were on top, does not mean the other smartphone brands did nothing in this time period.
In the Q1 period, Xiaomi slowly got ready to release their new smartphone ranges which we will reveal the result shortly. Oppo and Vivo smartphone brands started to be sell in countries that had no knowledge about them at all. Like in South Africa, when Vivo made an appearance people thought it was a promotion for Volkswagen Polo Vivo car range. Basically both Oppo and Vivo introduced themselves in those countries’ smartphone markets and spread awareness about them.
One more change that happened in Q1 for 2021 was LG’s smartphone brand left the market completely due they could not keep up with the changes and competition in the smartphone industry. If you want to know more about them, read the following article.
These shift were majority caused due to the following reasons:
- Xiaomi released a couple of new smartphones in all three of their smartphone series which are Mi series, Poco series and Redmi series. These smartphone releases were so good that they even surpassed Apple ranking in sales and shipments. This was a big achievement and they are strongly focusing on surpassing Samsung’s ranking as well to be the number one best smartphone brand worldwide. It seems possible as they are only 2% short to surpass Samsung’s market share worldwide.
- Oppo released different new smartphones in the countries they are really popular and will release more to other countries shortly. The delays are mostly caused due to part shortages to make more smartphones for other countries.
- Vivo has released a new smartphone series which is known as the V21 series. This series has gain a lot of popularity for its ultra thin design to fit in or out of jean pockets easier. Also, is known for its excellent front camera for taking selfies and videos.
- Samsung remained in its top smartphone rankings due to its new releases in the Samsung A series. This specific series is very popular and well-known to find in every country. However, there have been shipment delays with this specific series due to semiconductor shortages.
Apple and Huawei smartphone brand went down in the rankings due they both have not released a new smartphone series or smartphone in the Q2 period. This gave the other rival smartphone brands the opportunity to overtake their ranking. As you can see Apple is now ranked number 3, while Huawei has totally dropped out of the top 5 smartphone brand ranking worldwide. That is a big shocker as Huawei was very popular at a time (2019). Ever since the U.S. ban was placed on Huawei it caused them to go down hill.
What to expect in Q3 2021?
The following is what to expect in Q3 2021:
- Huawei just launched their flagship smartphone series, Huawei P50 series. It may shift the top smartphone brand rankings a bit, but not too much due to limited shipments available to all countries. Some countries might only see the Huawei P50 series around October.
- Samsung are planning to launch a few new smartphones like the Samsung S21 FE, Samsung A52s 5G, Samsung Z Flip 3 and Samsung Z Fold 3. These might help to keep their top smartphone brand ranking, but they will have to find a way to avoid part shortages or else they might lose their top spot in the rankings.
- iPhone has not released anything new yet for this year and they might give us a glimpse what to expect in their latest smartphones in this time period. The question would be will their latest series launch in Q3 or Q4? We will have to wait and see.
- Nokia has released new smartphones in their ranges and there is one particular that is standing out of the group and is known for its durability. It might shift the smartphone rankings for its durability. If you want to know more about this smartphone and the other new releases, read the following post.
After reading all of these changes in the smartphone industry, I believe you all will agree that the smartphone market is changing rapidly. If you are a smartphone brand company and you do not keep up with releasing new and improved smartphones to the market, you might lose your position in the rankings quickly.
However, it does not help you release new smartphone series and there aren’t any improvements in the new smartphone series compare to the previous smartphone series. Thus, it is important to balance both. For us users, this information is useful to see which smartphone is best to go for our smartphone preferences. This information might even help your smartphone selection easier.
That is why I recommend that everyone always do research what is happening in the smartphone brand market before making any smartphone selection. If you do not know about a smartphone brand, please do research about them before you select a smartphone under their brand. It may result you regret your decision. That is why this website is here to assist everyone to make the right smartphone selection by providing any information regarding smartphones. Also, spread awareness what is new in the smartphone market.
Did you perhaps heard of a smartphone brand you have no knowledge of?
Please provide your answer in the comments below and I will get back to. Who knows, maybe I will write article about the smartphone brand you mention.