Xiaomi released a new smartphone in the Redmi smartphone series which is called the Xiaomi Redmi 10. The Xiaomi Redmi 10 will fall under the entry level category, meaning for smartphone users that have not much money to spend on a smartphone.
The main questions are the following though:
What makes the Xiaomi Redmi 10 stand out more of the other entry level smartphones?
Has the Xiaomi Redmi 10 made improvements than compared to previous Xiaomi Redmi smartphones?
Is the Xiaomi Redmi 10 a smartphone you will consider to purchase?
Well let us answer these questions now!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for yourself. Also, we do not charge you extra.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 specs
The main features that make the Xiaomi Redmi 10 stand out are the following:
- Size – The Xiaomi Redmi 10 has big displayed screen. The Xiaomi Redmi 10 will attract users that love to make use of huge display screen smartphones.
- Rear Camera – The rear camera of the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is quite unique due to its layout. The layout gives the Xiaomi Redmi 10 a professional camera look. Besides that, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 camera lenses have good megapixels each which makes certain it will take good photos and videos.
- Stereo Speakers – The Xiaomi Redmi 10 has excellent stereo speakers installed into it. Definitely a smartphone to consider if you want a smartphone that has excellent sound out of its speakers.
- Battery Capacity – The battery of the Xiaomi Redmi 10 has a big capacity. Meaning the Xiaomi Redmi 10 can be used for long hours without the need to recharge it with power.
Colors available for the Xiaomi Redmi 10
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 will be available in three colors and they are the following:
- Carbon Gray
- Pebble White
- Sea Blue
As can be seen in the picture above, these three colors are very beautiful and elegant.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 VS Xiaomi Redmi 10
The main differences between the Xiaomi Redmi 9 and the Xiaomi Redmi 10 are the following:
- Weight – The Xiaomi Redmi 10 is 17g lighter than compared to the Xiaomi Redmi 9. Meaning users that do not like heavy smartphones will prefer the Xiaomi Redmi 10 more than compared to the Xiaomi Redmi 9.
- Rear Camera – Both smartphones’ rear camera layout is completely different. Besides that, the Xiaomi Redmi 10s rear camera lenses have more megapixels than compared to the Xiaomi Redmi 9’s rear camera lenses. Thus, if you want to take good photos and videos, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is the smartphone to select between the two.
- RAM – The Xiaomi Redmi 9 has a lower RAM memory option available which the Xiaomi Redmi 10 does not. The only good part of this would be that the Xiaomi Redmi 9 might be cheaper in price than compared to the Xiaomi Redmi 10.
- Storage – Exactly the same the explanation as in the RAM category.
Overall: The Xiaomi Redmi 9 and the Xiaomi Redmi 10 have a lot of similarities in terms of specs. But their looks are different and the Xiaomi Redmi 10s rear camera has vastly improved compared to the Xiaomi Redmi 9. Thus, if you want the best camera smartphone between the two, then the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is your answer.
Cons for the Xiaomi Redmi 10
The following are the cons for the Xiaomi Redmi 10:
- Front Camera – The Xiaomi Redmi 10s front camera has not improved at all. In the smartphone market there are many better smartphones with better front camera specs. So if you are a selfie lover, it is best to avoid this smartphone selection.
- Not good for gaming – If you are hardcore gamer, then sadly the Xiaomi Redmi 10 might disappoint you in terms of speed. Even though it has a good battery life for long gaming hours. The RAM speed it offers might not give certain games a good experience. Thus, if you are looking for a gaming smartphone, then the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is not a smartphone to consider.
- Price point versus specs – Even though the Xiaomi Redmi 10 offers good specs at a low price, some other smartphones offer similar low prices, but with better specs. That may cause users to choose a different smartphone rather than the Xiaomi Redmi 10. Front camera is an example. Thus, to solve this problem, Xiaomi may need to consider lowering their price point for the Xiaomi Redmi 10. That may remove this con then.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 is a good low priced smartphone that will be made available shortly around the world. The main features to look out for is its rear camera, stereo speakers and battery capacity on board. The Xiaomi Redmi 10 is light to carry even though it has big displayed screen.
Even though the Xiaomi Redmi 10 has good specs, the main concern is its competitors in the same market. Some smartphones of the competitors are also sold at a low price, but have better specs when comparing to the Xiaomi Redmi 10. This can be changed if Xiaomi considers lowering the Xiaomi Redmi 10s price a bit more or even consider changing some features without increasing its price.
Overall, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is an impressive and a beautiful smartphone to own. Plus it takes beautiful photos and videos with its rear camera.
The final question though, is the following:
Does the Xiaomi Redmi 10 fall under your smartphone selection?
Please provide your answer in the comments section below.