In today’s “Who are you?” series, we are going to in depth of a smartphone brand that is making shock waves in the smartphone market worldwide currently. This smartphone brand is called, Xiaomi.
In this post, we will discuss the following:
- Background of Xiaomi
- Vision and Mission Xiaomi have.
- Number of smartphone series Xiaomi has.
- Controversy Xiaomi smartphone brand went through.
- Latest & best Xiaomi smartphones currently available.
- Overall view of the Xiaomi smartphone brand.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for yourself. Also, we do not charge you extra.
Background of Xiaomi
Xiaomi is a smartphone brand that came into existence on August 2011. Xiaomi main headquarters is in Haidian District, Beijing, China where many other smartphone manufacturing companies are also situated. Xiaomi started first by manufacturing low and mid range smartphones with great specs at low costs. Overtime after gaining some popularity they started to make more premium range smartphones for their customers. Ever since Xiaomi started, they gained rapid market share in China and become one of the country’s largest smartphone company in 2014.
In 2018, Xiaomi accomplished to be ranked 4th best smartphone brand worldwide which is a big accomplishment. However, they did not stay at this number long and even moved higher up in the rankings. After quarter two of 2021, they have even surpassed Apple which is one of the biggest contenders in the smartphone market and become the second best smartphone brand worldwide.
This means Xiaomi is a smartphone brand to be reckon with and other smartphone brands must pay attention to them. By looking at the results above, Xiaomi is really close to become the number one best smartphone brand worldwide! But of course, they question is how did they achieve this? They did this overtime and always find ways to improve their smartphones for their clientele no matter if it was low, mid or premium range smartphones.
Vision and mission of Xiaomi
To relentlessly build amazing products at honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technologies.
- Overtake Huawei and Apple in the smartphone market.
- Become the number one smartphone brand worldwide.
Xiaomi has already achieved the first mission and is now focusing to become the best smartphone brand worldwide which seems possible.
Number of smartphones series under the Xiaomi brand
Xiaomi has three smartphone series under its name and they are the following:
- Mi Series
- Redmi Series
- Poco Series
Controversy Xiaomi smartphone brand went through
The Xiaomi company has experienced some controversy over the years in the smartphone market and they are the following:
- Xiaomi was known for presenting misleading sales figures in the year 2014. Thus, resulted the Xiaomi company had to pay a fine of NT$ 600 000 to FTC.
- Xiaomi has experienced a temporary ban in India to trade from the 9th December 2014 till the 5th February 2015. This ban was caused due to a complaint filed by Ericsson in connection with the infringement of its patent licensed under fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory licensing.
- The U.S. government tried to ban Xiaomi to be invested by any American company or individual due they believed the company was owned or controlled by a People’s liberation army in January 2021. However, the U. S high court has denied this ruling and allowed Xiaomi may be invested by any American company or individual due there was no concrete proof that the Xiaomi company was owned or controlled by a People’s liberation army.
Latest & best Xiaomi smartphones currently available
B) Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
G) Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
The Xiaomi smartphone brand is a great smartphone brand that stands out mostly for the following features:
- Long battery life
- Takes clear and beautiful photos with its front and rear camera.
- Stylish and elegant look.
The only problems I find for the Xiaomi smartphone brand are the following:
- The latest Xiaomi smartphones are quite big and bulky. Would not recommend for people that prefer small smartphones.
- The camera layouts of some Xiaomi smartphones look ridiculous and very huge. I am concerned what the cost will be if one of those camera lenses break and need to be replaced.
However, the features of the latest Xiaomi smartphones offer, surpasses a lot of other smartphones features currently in the market and makes totally sense why they surpassed Apple and Huawei overtime. Just remember Apple and Huawei has not launched their new smartphone ranges for the year yet so the rankings can still change for this year. I am sure Xiaomi is aware of this and are looking for ways to stay ahead from their competitors while also fighting to become the number one best smartphone brand worldwide.
The other thing I like about the Xiaomi smartphone brand, is the price they sell for each of their smartphones. The prices of the Xiaomi smartphones are reasonable and offer great features of which you would expect from an expensive premium smartphone like iPhone for example, while it is actually their mid range smartphones. Makes more sense why customers buy their smartphones more as they pay less for latest and advanced features.
I cannot wait to see what else the Xiaomi smartphone brand has in store for us as they are just making shock waves in the smartphone market worldwide. Who knows, we might see Xiaomi as the newest and best smartphone brand worldwide soon. So keep your eyes open for this smartphone brand when you are looking for new smartphone to choose for yourself.
Has one of the Xiaomi smartphones capture your interest? If yes, which one and why? Please provide your answers in the comments below.